Kia offers an excellent lineup of SUVs to choose from. If you want something larger than the Soul but smaller than the Sportage, the Kia Seltos is right for you.
Kia provides five trim levels for this impressive small SUV, three of which include standard AWD and two trims that use a turbocharged engine. This small SUV has a narrow price range, with only $5,000 between the base LX model and the top SX trim. In addition to the variety of trims, you’ll enjoy a fantastic ten-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty with this Kia SUV.
Let’s take a closer look at each trim of the 2024 Kia Seltos.
The journey begins at the base LX trim, which uses a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine to deliver 146 horsepower and 132 lb-ft of torque. This power is routed through a CVT automatic transmission and is sent to all four wheels, giving drivers standard AWD. This powertrain is also used in the S and EX trims.
At this trim level, you’ll find:
- Independent multilink rear suspension
- Torque vectoring
- Forward collision warning
- Pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Automatic emergency braking
- Lane-departure warning
- Lane-keeping assist
- Driver-attention monitor
- Rearview camera
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Automatic headlight controls with automatic high beams
- Front and rear skid plates
- Remote keyless entry
- Power side mirrors
- Tilt/telescoping steering wheel
- 4.2-inch digital instrument display
- 8-inch infotainment touchscreen
- 6-speaker audio system
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- One 12-volt power port
- Three USB-C ports
When you want more out of the 2024 Kia Seltos than what the LX trim offers, step up to the S trim and see if it has the additional features you’re looking for. This model uses the same powertrain but is only offered with FWD instead of AWD, which is optional.
Some of the features of the S trim are:
- Solid rear beam axle suspension
- Roof rails
- Heated sideview mirrors
- Fog lights
- Satin chrome exterior trim
- Kia’s Smart Key keyless entry system
- Remote engine start
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic detection with braking
- Safe-exit warning
- 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster
- 10.25-inch infotainment screen
- Navigation system
- Kia Connect apps
- Single-zone automatic climate controls
- SiriusXM satellite radio
- LED interior lighting
- Sliding center armrest
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
The S trim offers more interior and exterior color options than the LX, making it easy to have a more stylish Kia SUV.
Moving up to the middle trim of this Kia SUV, the EX trim has the same FWD layout as the S trim with AWD and a power sunroof as upgrades to this SUV. The EX is a more luxurious model, making it easy to get comfortable and enjoy the drive.
The EX trim builds on the S trim by adding:
- SynTex faux-leather upholstery
- Wireless phone charger
- 10-way power driver’s seat
- Heated front seats
- 17-inch machine-finished alloy wheels
When you choose the 2024 Kia Seltos X-Line model, you’ve entered the next level of driving for this SUV. This trim is more rugged than the two previous models, giving you features that make it more fun to drive out on the trails. The most important upgrade you’ll find in the X-Line trim is the more impressive powertrain, which gives you a 1.6-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engine that delivers 195 horsepower and 195 lb-ft of torque. This engine uses an 8-speed automatic transmission to send power to all four wheels.
Some of the additional features of the Seltos X-Line are:
- Black roof rails
- 18-inch gloss-black alloy wheels
- Unique front grille
- Gunmetal gray skid plates
- Heated front seats
The top model of the Seltos is the SX trim, which comes loaded with everything available for this SUV. There’s only one option package which gives you:
- A power sunroof
- A smart power liftgate
- Ventilated front seats
- Kia’s Digital Key
Other items that come standard for the SX Trim are:
- LED headlights
- LED fog lights
- 18-inch machine-finish alloy wheels
- 8-speaker Bose Premium audio system with pulsating lighted speaker grilles
- Flat-bottom steering wheel
- Navigation-based adaptive cruise control with Stop & Go
- Front junction-turning detection
- Highway Driving Assist
- Speed Limit Assist
Is the 2024 Kia Seltos efficient?
The lower three trims use the 2.0-liter naturally aspirated engine that makes 28 city/34 mpg for the FWD models and 27 city/31 hwy mpg when AWD is added to the mix. The trims with the turbocharge engine offer 25 city/27 hwy mpg, making this a relatively efficient SUV to drive.
Which model of the Kia Seltos is right for you? With the narrow price range, the cost shouldn’t be as much of a factor as it might be with other vehicles.
This post may contain affiliate links. Meaning a commission is given should you decide to make a purchase through these links, at no cost to you. All products shown are researched and tested to give an accurate review for you.