If you’ve found that the GMC Sierra 1500 was losing a little ground in the luxury department to its rivals, you wouldn’t be alone. The Sierra 1500’s top Denali trim was regarded as one of the most sophisticated and well-equipped pickup trucks on the road for quite a while. Over the last few years, competitors like the Ram 1500 have been gunning for the top place in the luxury truck market.
For 2022, GMC is delighting its fan base with a massive upgrade across the entire GMC Sierra 1500 lineup. We’re talking about more than just the updated grille, bumper, and LED headlights. We’re looking at some huge design steps across the board.
Updated SLE Trim
The second trim, just above the newly named “Pro” trim is the SLE model. You’ll love all of the rich updates that add tremendous value to this lower-cost model.
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 13.4-inch center touchscreen infotainment center
- Support for Google’s app store, maps, and voice assistance
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Available Front bucket seats
- T-shaped electronic shifter with bucket seats
- And more
Redesigned AT4X Trim
Everyone knows the AT4X model as the off-road trim. This beast was made to blaze new trails and take exploring your world to a new level. The newest version makes getting off-road even more fun.
- Advanced multimatic spool-valve dampers
- Electronic locking front and rear differentials
- Extra underbody protection
- Black 18-inch wheels with Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Mud Tires
- A Terrain Mode that allows for one-pedal driving in low speed situations
- Available rocker guards
- And more
The Unrecognizable Denali Ultimate
When it comes to the Denali Ultimate, there is no other truck more luxurious on the market. This model easily takes the cake. Just check out what GMC is adding to this top-level model:
- Vader chrome exterior trim
- 22-inch rims with adaptive dampers
- Multiple leather-wrapped surfaces
- Open pore wood accents
- Micro suede headliner
- Leather front seats with 16-way power adjustments
- Premium Bose sound system with 12 speakers
- Open door speaker panels with stainless steel grilles
- Super Cruise hands-free driving tech
- And more
Some Things Don’t Need to Change
If something isn’t broken, there’s no need to fix it. That’s why GMC will continue to offer the 5.3-liter V8, 6.2-liter V8, turbocharged 2.7-liter inline-four, and a Duramax diesel 3.0-liter inline-six engine options. The 4.3-liter V6 will no longer be available.
When properly configured, the GMC Sierra 1500 can tow up to 13,200 pounds along with a max payload of 9,200 pounds.
The new GMC Sierra 1500 is available for pre-order at your local GMC dealer; it’s more loaded than ever.
This post may contain affiliate links. Meaning a commission is given should you decide to make a purchase through these links, at no cost to you. All products shown are researched and tested to give an accurate review for you.